Saturday, April 08, 2006

Nursery Room Almost Ready

Today, we worked on finishing up our nursery room. It is almost ready for our baby. Brandi's Dad had done most of the work putting up the ice board and painting the walls green. My father caulked and painted the trim. Brandi's mom scrubbed everything clean. My parents shampooed the carpets. My brother's family donated the crib. I equipped the crib with a night-vision video baby monitor! Brandi and I refurbished the dresser by re-painting an old one that we bought at Goodwill. It may be hard to see in the pictures, but we have a farm theme. The bedding, rug, lamp shade, hamper, and wall hangings all have matching farm animals.


Here is a picture of the room from the other side. As you can see, we still have plenty of space for Brandi's glider chair... that is if we ever pick one out. Most of these chairs have between a 6 and 18 week leadtime. And, we've still not ordered one!


These two wooden art items were in my own nursery when I was little. My aunt Vickie painted them in 1973. The lower one is designed to hold two baseballs, two bats, and has pegs for a baseball glove to hang on. I think it's really neat that they match the nursery color scheme so well. And, I really like that there is something of my own to be passed on at such an early age. It sort of makes the room span a couple generations.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks for visiting my site. I have just read your blog from the beginning and have such hope for the future. I would like to know if your wife is hetero or homo MTHFR and if all other tests were normal. The nursery is precious and I wish the best for the 3 of you.

Daron said...

Hi Angie. I'm not sure how to e-mail you, so I hope that you read this message. My wife is heterozygous. The mutation is only one one X chromosome.