Wednesday, February 17, 2010

May Induce Early

We went to the specialist doctor on Monday.  Everything is looking good.  We are to return on March 15th.  At that time they will check on the baby's development and potentially schedule a date to induce.  The plan is to take BJ off of the blood thinners a week before she gives birth and to induce so-as to have more control over timing. 

By the way, her 16 year old sister was checked for the MTHFR mutation and has it on both X chromosomes.  Needless to say, she is a bit worried.  But we are glad to know now so that if she ever decides to get pregnant later in life, that she will be able to treat the condition. 


Cape Girl said...

Hi! I also have the MTHFR mutation, 2 copies of the C677T. We lost our bay boy, Wyatt, at 26 weeks in November. I'm currently going through IVF and I'll have to go on Lovenox when I get a positive pregnancy test. Thank you for sharing your journey, it makes me hopeful for a happy healthy pregnancy next time.

Funny Things Little V Says said...

Hi! After delivering my daughter at 39 weeks still born, I was diagnosed with homozygous mthfr. I am currently 26 weeks pregnant with a little boy. In your experience, is it typical to be induced around 37 weeks with MTHFR? I am seeing a group of maternal fetal specialists as well as a group of midwives and my concern is that they won't take the baby early, however, I feel at 37 weeks, it is safer for the baby to be outsid the womb rather than inside. Any thoughts?