Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Baby's Room

We are finally realizing that our May 7th due date is just around the corner and that our baby is coming whether we are ready or not. This weekend, we did some shopping for the baby. We bought a bassinet for our bedroom. My wife's parents bought us some bedding for the crib (a brightly colored farm theme). We bought some matching wall hangings, a lamp shade, and other accessories. My brother is giving us a white crib. It is not exactly the style my wife was hoping for, but it is free. The nursery was painted pink when we bought our house... not a good color for a boy. We also bought materials for redecorating. We're putting up wayne's coating on the wall and painting the upper half of the wall green. When we finish decorating, I'll post some before and after pictures. Buying things and getting his room ready makes it seem more real.

3 comments:

rainbow said...

I just wanted to say that I've really appreciated reading about your experiences. I've had two miscarriages, at 6 and 8 weeks (although the second one was a "missed abortion" where I didn't know anything was wrong until 11 weeks). I've just been diagnosed with homozygous MTHFR C677T mutation. It's a scary situation, but it is immensely encouraging to know that the treatment is working well for your wife! Thanks for sharing. I'll be wishing you the best, and looking forward to seeing pictures of the new arrival in May!

Anonymous said...

Can you post a pic of the farm theme bedding and where you bought it. I'm also MTHFR and my pregnancy is progressing well with TWIN BOYS! :) Looking for bedding.

Daron said...

It is called "Barn Yard" by Kid's Line Inc. Brandi's parents bought it at Baby's R Us. I'll post pictures as soon as we get the room finished.