Sunday, January 01, 2006

Week 22 - Holiday Travel for Kicks

We have just returned from a week of travel. We flew to Kansas to visit my grandparents. We were a little concerned with being so far from home but knew that there were good hospitals should we need them. Everything went quite well. My wife started feeling the first kicking movements while we were gone.

I was driving down the road and she let out a little yell, "aw!". I swerved, thinking I was about to be hit by another driver. She then let out another yelp, "ew!".

I swerved again and asked, "What are you doing? Did I almost hit someone or something?"

She replied, "I think I felt it kick!".

The kicks have become a little more pronounced and more frequent. We hope to return to Kansas with a baby this summer. My grandmother is 95 years old and I'd love for her to see the baby.

No comments: