Saturday, December 24, 2005

Week 21 - It's a boy!

My wife had the idea that it'd be nice to wait until Christmas before telling our parents the sex of our child. She told her parents that we couldn't tell from the sonogram what it is. I told my parents that she had said they'd have to wait. Needless to say, my mother was a bit upset about not knowing. She didn't think it was fair to tease her like this. My wife's mother reads this blog and as a result realized that she had been lied to. So, for the last week, my wife's parents and sister as well as my parents have been hounding us. This morning, Christmas Eve, we gave a present to my wife's parents. It was a blue bib on which is written "Thank Heaven for Little Boys." This is how we let her parents know. We'll do the same with my parents tomorrow afternoon, Christmas day. Here is the telling picture of our baby boy.




I'm not sure if I'd recommend making everyone wait to find out unless you don't tell them that you are doing a sonogram in the first place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the announcement! I remember reading back in your blog that you were going to hold out the news until Christmas,and I was anxious to hear the results, although not as much as the grandparents!
What a Merry Christmas you had!

P.