Sunday, March 26, 2006

Week 34 - Another Doctor's Visit

We are now on week 34! We have only about 6 weeks until the due date.

Friday, we went for another doctors visit. Our prescription was changed from one shot of Lovenox daily to two shots of Heparin daily. We are having trouble getting the prescription filled because it calls for pre-filled needles and nobody seems to stock it this way. So, we're continuing with the left-over Lovenox until Monday when we discuss the prescription with our doctor. The advantage of the Heparin is that it is supposed to be easily reversed if there is much bleeding during the birth.

We're still working on getting the nursery room ready. I'll post pictures when it is done.

In 2 weeks, we will go back and have another ultrasound done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I am lying here hoping that I am pregnant. I have had two miscarriages and was diagnosed after the second with MTHFR. I have been faithfully taking my B12, B6, Folic Acid and baby aspirn. Your story gives me great hope, when I read about the first two miscarriages, I felt like it was me. In fact your first miscarriage was the exact date of my second. I haven't been pregnant since, I have been too scared to try again. Congrats on the pregnancy and thanks for the hope.....I hope 3 is a charm for me.

Anonymous said...

I was very glad to find and read this blog. Up to now I have had 4 m/c related to Factor II mutation. Reading about your pregnancies 1 & 2 rang quite close to my own. I am now 18 weeks into what apears to be a successful pregnacy ( I hade previously never made it beyond 12 weeks and had even intitaited the adoption process after thinking this one too had failed in Feb). I am now doing heparin injections twice daily along w/ vits and extra folate. To read that you are 6 weeks away gives me a little extra hope ( I am STILL very reserved about excitement and such). I'll never be sure how I got to 17 weeks this time w/out any intervention, but I am hoping I can have the same success as the two of you are now having ( hy with only 6 weeks to go you are, with medical science as it is, home free!!)

Dru in Colorado