Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Vacation days and Doctor Visits

Both my wife and I need to be careful not to use up all of our vacation/personal days at work. She has a doctors appointment on Thursday of next week. I'd like to attand, but am wondering if I should save my days for more important milestone doctor visits like the sonogram at a later stage... I'll discuss with her tonight and perhaps call the doctor to find out what is happening next week. I'd hate to waste a day if they are just taking blood pressure and blood and sending her home....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very interested in your story, and I would like to get your e-mail address to hear more about your story. My husband and I lost our first baby on August 29, 2005. We were 7 weeks and 6 days. I just found out yesterday that I am a homo MTHFR. They didn't tell me for sure that caused the miscarriage, but the baby came back genetically okay. Did your wife find out she was MTHFR before or after your current pregnancy. I wondering how long I needed folic acid, B6, or B12 in my system before trying again.

Daron said...

I didn't get your e-mail address. Mine is "neuro_naut@hotmail.com".
Thanks for writing. Its nice to know that someone is actually reading the blog. I'm hoping that we'll have a happy ending and a blog that can inspire others in the same situation.

We found out after our second miscarriage. I don't know what to tell you about when you should start taking prenatel vitamines. We have been taking all along, just in case she got pregnant. Other than vitamines, there seems to be two schools of thought as to how to treat the condition. One is to use blood thinners or baby asprin. The other is to take progesterone. I don't know if anyone knows which is better than the other. We are taking both blood thinners and progesterone. We started on them both as soon as we found out she was pregnant again.

I don't recall if Homo means two or one MTHFR.