Monday, September 19, 2005

Today, I am in Nashville

Today is the kickoff for the project team in Nashville. For the next 9 months, I will be commuting between here and Lexington. Monday through Thursday I will be out of town. In some ways I feel bad for being away. But, at the same time, I feel very good about being on this project team. It is the best and brightest of everyone in my company, world wide. It provides me with the expertise and contacts to insure a very successful career. And, it provides more income than we had previously. So, I am building a better future, or at least a more economically stable one.

I watched my wife give herself her shot last night. She still took forever to build up courage to do it. But it seems to be getting easier for her. I just spoke to her on the phone and forgot to ask how tonight's shot went.

I think that my wife's next doctor's appointment is October 13th. Our doctor is off on Fridays, my only weekday in Lexington. This means that it will be very difficult for me to attend her appointments. I think I'll try my best to arrange it so that I can attend this next appointment.

I love my wife and wish I could be there for her. When we discussed my taking this job, it was before we knew that she was pregnant.

No comments: